LeFleur's Bluff provides a lush green spot in the heart of urban Jackson. In addition to camping, fishing, picnic spots, and nature trails, the 305-acre park features a nine-hole golf course and a driving range. The park is named for Louis LeFleur, a French-Canadian explorer who established a trading post on the banks of the Pearl River in the late 1700s. The city of Jackson was originally known as "LeFleur's Bluff." Today Mississippi's vibrant capital city combines the warmth and charm of its rich cultural heritage with exciting activities and attractions and contemporary lifestyles. Visitors to Jackson discover a diversity of museums, unlimited shopping and dining, and a calendar of events packed with activities to suit every mood.
Park Areas and Directions
LeFleur's Bluff State Park is comprised of the following two locations.
Mayes Lake Campground and Day Use Area: Picnic Area and RV Campground
- Address: 3315 Lakeland Terrace, Jackson, MS 39216
- Mayes Lake Campground and Day Use Area is located on Lakeland Terrace off of Lakeland Drive.
- Directions: From I-55 Exit 98 travel East on Lakeland Drive to Lakeland Terrace. Turn right on Lakeland Terrace.
- Google Maps Link
LeFleur's Bluff Golf Course: Nine hole golf course and driving range
- Address: 1205 Lakeland Drive, Jackson, MS 39216
- Golf Course is located on Lakeland Drive eastbound between Museum Boulevard (previously Highland Drive) and Lakeland Terrace.
A day-use entry fee is charged on a per vehicle basis
- Private vehicle entrance fee is $4.00 plus $.50 for each person over 6 people
Things to Know
The 28 sites available for tent and RV camping are equipped with water and electrical hook-ups. The developed camping area also features a central sewage dumping station and a bathhouse with hot showers. All campsites are available for advanced reservations. Smoking is not allowed in any Mississippi government building.
Monthly camping may be available. Please check with the park office for availability.
Ten shaded primitive tent sites located near the lake and within walking distance to water and showers are available. This area is ideal for scout groups.
A spacious, shaded section of the Riverside day-use area features picnic tables and grills overlooking a large playground. The park also has seven picnic pavilions available for reservation. Please contact the park office at (601) 987-3923 for more information.
A playground unit is also located between the pavilions at the Mayes Lake section of the park.
The LeFleur's Bluff offers a public driving range and nine-hole golf course featuring golf carts, clubs, and pull carts available for rental from the pro shop. A fee is charged.
LeFleur's Bluff's golf course improvements include renovations to the clubhouse, new golf carts, and greener fairways and landscaping throughout the nine-hole course. The course is open Wednesdays - Mondays (closed on Tuesdays). Please contact the park office for Green Fees and Cart Fees.
Fishing / Boat Launching
Mayes Lake offers bass, bream, catfish and crappie for fishing enthusiasts. A Mississippi fishing license is required for all persons between the ages of 16 and 65. Licenses may be purchased from the park office for a nominal fee. A launch is available for persons bringing their own boats. Only electric trolling motors are allowed. No jet boats are allowed on Mayes Lake.
LeFleur's Bluff State Park has a disc golf course (9 baskets at Mayes Lake). Day use entry fee allows use of disc golf course.
The following attractions are located within a short drive of LeFleur's Bluff State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide you with directions.
Annual Area Events
- Dixie National Rodeo, Livestock Show, Western Festival
- Mal's St. Paddy's Day Parade
- Pepsi Pops Concert at the Ross Barnett Reservoir
- Jubilee Jam
- Canton Flea Market- 2nd Thursday
- Pickin' & Paddlin' Neighborhood Christian Center - music and boating activities
- Mississippi State Fair
- Canton Flea Marketc- 2nd Thursday
- International Red Beans and Rice Festival
- Juvenile Diabetes Walk & Fundraiser & Activities www.jdrf.org
- Mistletoe Marketplace
- Chimneyville Crafts Festival
- NAMI Walk & Fundraiser & Activities www.namims.org
- A variety of Christmas programs, events, and activities throughout Jackson
- Festival of Lights (Canton)
Contact LeFleur's Bluff State Park
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of MississippiLandCAN.
LeFleur's Bluff State Park is not employed by or affiliated with the Mississippi Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact LeFleur's Bluff State Park
3315 Lakeland Terrace
Jackson, MS 39216
Phone: (601) 987-3923
Statewide service provider in: