Lands Conservation Initiative (GLCI) is a voluntary effort to enhance private grazing lands through the Natural Resources Conservation Service technical assistance. It is a nationwide partnership.
There is approximately 5.5 million acres of private grazing lands in the United States. America's private grazing lands represent about 45 percent of the total rural areas of the United States--the largest single land use in the country. Mississippi has 1 million acres of private grazing lands.
Mississippi GLCI focus:
- Provide training on grazing lands at events
- Implement and install livestock efficiency demonstration on farms showing best management practices in forage and livestock production
- Provide field days and pasture walks
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance
- Work with small farmers on installing cost effective practices
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of MississippiLandCAN.
Mississippi Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative is not employed by or affiliated with the Mississippi Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Mississippi Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative
100 W. Capitol Street
Suite 1321 Federal Bldg.
Jackson, MS 39269
Phone: 601-965-5205 ext 114
Fax: (601) 965-4940